A Modern Girl's Musings

My earliest political memory is of my parents laughing at me when I asked if we were voting for Ronald Reagan. Even I could tell poor Carter wasn't looking so good. I was about five. I think the laughter was accompanied by something along the lines of "for crying out loud!"

Nevertheless I consider myself a Reagan Baby. Those eight years of my childhood were spent realizing that there was still a lot of work to be done, despite Dr. King, in addition to the Kennedys (a lot of them were still alive then), and hopefully including me (if my Quaker education by the hippies was teaching me anything at all).

So after Reagan, after Clinton, after hiding in those Bushes, I am still hopeful, I am still working on my addition, I'm still on my way to a new way of living in this world.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Viva la Revolucion!

This is my inaugural post!

And I don't usually use exclamation points.

Welcome to my first ever musing.   Or, it would be a musing if this weren't my very first post.  I think this is more celebratory than philosophical.

I began this blog because I am the type of person who is always threatening to "write a letter".  In the age of the Internet this has translated into me seeing how I can fit my rants into the 426 character spaces Facebook allows me.

I also began it because for a little bit now I have been thinking about this blogging thing, as a means to replacing my urges to write letters to Target and the RMV and Foodmaster, which every two months or so sells me bad chicken on a night I can't take it back cause I've got these two small kids hanging off me most of my waking hours.

So here I am.

Just as I promised in my profile not to write exclusively about breastfeeding and the like, I will also not whine about Target and the RMV and my beloved Foodmaster, unless the revolution demands it.